HR Advisor, Humdinger (Sun Valley Site, Bromborough)
At Humdinger we take nuts, seeds, fruit and pulses and turn them into delicious snacks for both own label and branded ranges. Over the years we have developed a strong and expanding portfolio of products, built on a reputation for quality and product innovation. You’ve probably tried our products before, without even realising! We are based in Heckington (Sleaford) Bromborough (Formally Sun Valley Ltd) and Hull and we are part of the Zertus UK & Ireland Snacking & Chocolate Market Unit partnered with other food manufacturers across the country.
We're seeking a HR Advisor to join our small on site HR team. This is a generalist role, giving you the opportunity to make an impact within all areas of HR!
We're passionate about our people and we are seeking likeminded individuals who reflect our values of Positivity, Collaborative, Outperformance, Respectful, Courageous, Dependable and Innovative. We offer a range of exciting benefits such as Health Care Cash Plan, Cycle Scheme, Wellbeing support and we can also support with funding of your CIPD qualification if this is a future goal.
- To be a first point of contact for all employees on site to answer queries in relation to their employment in a competent, respectful and confidential manner.
- To advise and support managers with grievances, disciplinary actions, absence management and performance management cases on site.
- To write or review all relevant notes and letters as required and sending them out in a timely manner.
- To support managers in ensuring that comprehensive return to work interviews with all staff take place.
- To coach managers with HR procedures and challenge any non-compliance.
- To ensure that all self-certification forms and doctor’s notes, where required, are provided by employees who are absent due to sickness.
- To actively monitor, and together with the relevant manager, manage all absence cases making referrals to occupational health as required - instigating formal proceedings where necessary.
- To support any site reorganizations or department restructures as required.
- To build and maintain strong productive relationships with site managers and attend appropriate meetings as required.
- Support employee communications on notice boards, TV screens or email as required.
- Interpret and advises on employment legislation.
- Process all current, starters, leavers and change employee data on the system.
- Keep the weekly and monthly KPI logs up to date
- To assist with the design and delivery of development for the sites, such as performance reviews and management, discipline and grievance management as required.
- Work with site management alongside the L&D team to identify development needs and support the sourcing/delivery of training as required to ensure we have a skilled workforce.
- To assist with driving the PDR process.
- To work with management on the succession planning.
- Maintain both manual and computerized records for all employees – starters, leavers, transfers, time and attendance etc.
- Ensuring all site engagement and communications activity is delivered including companywide notices, briefings, employee representative meetings, employee surveys & follow up actions.
- Delivering on Recruitment, Induction & On-boarding, employee terms and conditions of employment, benefits and related processes.
- Providing full support to the site management team across all company HR policies & processes that deliver the entire ‘employee lifecycle’.
- To support and prepare for any audits, with particular regards to ethical trading.
- This list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to carry out any reasonable request that is within the scope of the role and more specific annual objectives may be set by the Line Manager.
Skills & Experience
- Able to support change, influence and build relationships at all levels.
- Experience in similar role within fast paced FMCG.
- Ability to work flexibly to support business needs as required.
- Strong working knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of problem solving.
- Good level of numerical and analytical skill.
- Competent using computer based packages, excel, word a MS Outlook and HRIS.
- Proven experience coordinating/assisting with H&S initiatives
- Excellent administrative and organizational skill with the ability to prioritize/multi task.
- Able to work on own initiative with little central support.
- Proactive approach to work and generating ideas - challenges the status quo suggest new ideas/processes of working.
- CIPD qualified or working towards.
- Company Pension scheme and life assurance scheme at x4 basic
- Company paid Health Care Cash Plan via Paycare plus access to Paycare Perks for high street and retailer discounts
- 25 days annual leave
- Charity fundraising and team events
- One additional day paid leave for charity/community work
- Discounts via our staff shops
- Employee values awards
- Referral bonus vouchers
- Training and development opportunities
- Bespoke training for new factory workers
- Free parking at all manufacturing sites/ offices
- Excellent facilities, canteen etc
- Ongoing commitment to our ESG strategy – protecting out people, communities and our planet
- Access to Grocery Aid charity support
£30,000 - £32,000