Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 8:00am - 4:15pm, based on site in Annseley, Nottinghamshire.
We are looking to recruit an HR Advisor to join our growing business. As a member of our dedicated HR team, you will provide generalist advice and support across the business on a wide range of people, strategic and operational matters. You will also contribute to maintaining a supportive team culture, advising, and supporting junior members of the team.
- Provide generalist support to a key sector of the business, supporting and coaching line managers on people processes, and deliver comprehensive employee relations support managing casework to conclusion across a variety of employee relations issues.
- Independently manage small to medium improvement projects to completion, in line with organisational strategy.
- Support recruitment for your allocated sector of the business; both internal and external.
- Work with colleagues across the team to develop and implement HR processes and policies, ensuring HR metrics are aligned with the business metrics and drive improvement in delivery.
- Support and facilitate employee engagement related initiatives for the company, including but not limited to Gallup Q12, engagement initiatives and reward and recognition.
- Update policies and procedures in line with best practice and legislative updates, facilitating their implementation with the HR team and effective guiding line managers whilst coaching on effective application to ensure consistency across functions.
- Create the right environment as a champion for HR initiatives and employee advocacy, support and guide employee development and succession planning.
- Responsible for management of a junior member of the team aligned to your sector of the business.
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Professional attitude and leads by example.
- Strong communicator, able to adapt communication style to suit audience.
- Consistently delivers high quality work on time by prioritising tasks and resources, runs own projects with minimal supervision.
- Engage with and listen to employees and internal and external partners openly and honestly.
- Seek feedback, continuously develop skills and expertise to develop as a HR professional.
- Drive and facilitate change.
- Network with others to learn, share best practice and peer-review performance.
- Be true partners to TST, seeking workable solutions which are innovative, informed and which recognise organisational aims.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Experience working in a HR advisory role.
- Experience in managing a varied employee relations workload.
- Good understanding of employment legislation.
- Excellent people skills, with experience building relationships across all levels of management.
- CIPD level 5 or 7 qualified, or a Chartered member, or working towards this.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with experience in continuous improvement methodologies such as lean manufacturing.
- Experience delivering HR projects.
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
o Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
o Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
o Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance
· Bike to work scheme
· Free on- site electric vehicle charging points
· Refer a friend reward scheme
· Day off work for your birthday
· Production related bonus opportunity per quarter
- Paid Professional Membership
- TST Hub exclusive discounts and benefits
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.
£28,000- £37,000 DOE