We are excited to be recruiting for an HR Advisor to advise and administer HR for the school, providing a customer focussed service to the school and its stakeholders. While this is a largely stand alone role, there is administrative support.
Key responsibilities include leading on staff resourcing, day-to-day employee relations, employee lifecycle from recruitment to leavers and HR transactional activities. The post holder will work closely with managers and department heads to provide guidance, advice and assistance.
· To contribute to the employee relations function, providing advice and guidance to key stakeholders on employment & HR matters.
· Support with all areas of HR compliance, including the SCR, ISI inspection and audit.
· To lead on support staff resourcing and on boarding activities.
· To lead on HR operational activity across the employee lifecycle, to include absence management, probation, performance, and staff wellbeing/health matters.
· To contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
· To undertake HR projects as and when required.
· To manage staff data and run reports where necessary for staff monitoring.
· Take responsibility for documentation in relation to vetting and onboarding, including offer, DBS checks, references, health and qualification checks.
· Ensure compliance with equal opportunities requirements throughout all aspects of recruitment.
· Participate in internal and external audits, including ISI.
· Generate data and reporting, as required.
· Administer the Single Central Record in line with legislative requirements for all staff, volunteers, and external providers etc.
Resourcing and Onboarding
· Advertising vacancies using appropriate websites.
· Monitoring interest and taking remedial action where adverts not attracting a strong field.
· Organise shortlisting and interview/assessment days, including preparation of materials, exercises, rooms and schedules, ensuring all aspects of the interviews run smoothly and efficiently.
· Oversee new starter induction process.
· Ensure mandatory training (KCSIE, Fire Prevention etc) is completed by new staff in advance of start date, monitoring and following up if not completed.
· Ensure all new starters are given access to the relevant systems.
· Reviewing and updating processes to ensure legislative requirements are met and that efficiencies are maximised.
· Take responsibility for administration of leavers.
· Administer and process all leave of absence requests.
· Lead on absence management cases, attending meetings with staff who have hit triggers, escalating complex cases or if dismissal is a potential outcome to an external HR consultant.
· Support with follow up action such as occupational health referrals in relation to absence management meetings, liaising with department managers and senior leaders.
· File all informal and formal paperwork in relation to absence management on staff files.
· Staff wellbeing and health
Staff Wellbeing and Health
· Identify opportunities to maximise staff wellbeing and health, working closely with the SMT to evolve and extend the school’s offering.
· Support with the Mental Health First Aider programme, leading on associated administration.
· Lead on all maternity/paternity, providing advice and guidance, completing associated paperwork and risk assessments and monitoring timelines accordingly.
· Support all staff by referring to OH or EAP where required.
· Champion staff wellbeing by supporting and attending any appropriate staff forums.
Performance and Probation
· Provide logistical and administrative support for performance and probation processes.
· Liaise with the Head re teachers’ appraisals, ensuring paperwork is filed in a timely fashion.
· Liaise with Payroll administrator, ensuring all information related to starters, adjustments, leavers, etc, is filed in good time.
· Assist in resolving pay queries and support the administration of payroll.
· Support the administration associated with annual pay review including correspondence, payroll notification, etc.
· Administer pay and benefit activities as appropriate.
· Provide support and guidance to line managers on employee relations issues.
· Manage the process for disciplinary, capability and ill-health with accurate timescales and documentation.
· Support investigating officers and senior leaders acting as the HR advisor in disciplinary and grievance meetings.
· Type and send correspondence, including meeting invitations, in line with proforma documentation/policy.
· Prepare packs, including statements/evidence.
· Take minutes at disciplinary/grievance meetings.
· Send minutes to all parties in a timely fashion, ensuring documentation is filed accordingly.
· Administer all correspondence in relation to employee relations casework, in line with proformas and policies, filing accordingly.
Training and Development
· Support the training and development of staff, e.g. research and source courses, organise training sessions etc.
· Liaise with Managers and the Senior Teacher (Academic Development) as required.
£35,000 - £40,000