Stonewood Group are a collection of construction and design companies operating throughout the Cotswolds and south-west England raising the bar in design, delivery, and customer experience. We are a multi-award-winning partner, driven to ensure projects exceed expectation. With a well-established, yet young, ambitious, and motivated team, we work collaboratively to forge strong long-term relationships based on our honest, straight forward approach and, most importantly, on results delivered. Our activities include specialist, high-end contracting, new homes development, bespoke homes development, architectural services and groundworks.
We have experienced considerable growth in recent years and are looking to recruit a full-time HR Advisor to join our busy Head Office in Castle Combe, near Chippenham.
The HR Advisor role is a highly diverse ‘Generalist’ role supporting the HR Manager and working with the Training Co-ordinator.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Act as a point of contact and deal with various HR queries throughout the business
· Reviewing and updating job descriptions
· Advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies
· Assisting with and developing recruitment campaigns
· Co-ordinating the appointment process for new starters
· Carrying out company inductions for all new starters
· Co-ordinating and carrying out annual reviews alongside managers
· Liaison with Learning and Development department – induction process, reviews, training requirements
· Sickness absence management
· Maintaining the HR management system and ensuring all details are correct
· Assist the HR Manager with monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation
· Support the HR Manger with various capability investigations including disciplinary
· Management of the holiday request and booking system
· Attend and take notes during meetings
· Assist the HR Manager with various HR projects and ad-hoc tasks
Skills and qualities:
· Qualified to CIPD Level 5
· Proven work experience as an HR Advisor or senior HR Administrator
· Enjoy working with people with the ability to build relationships at all levels
· Have a professional and flexible approach to work
· Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
· Have good commercial awareness
· Have excellent spoken and written communication skills and ability to advise and work with senior members of staff
· Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Respect the importance of sensitivity and confidentiality
· Have excellent organisational skills
· Have excellent problem-solving skills
· Be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own using your initiative
· Hands-on experience with IT programmes and HR systems
This really is a generalist role where no two days will be the same. You will need to be hands on with all aspects of HR and be prepared to be involved in a variety of tasks. The successful applicant will be required to travel to our offices in Corsham, Tormarton, Castle Cary and Kidlington as well as our construction sites on an occasional basis and so a driving license is essential.
We have a strong reputation for valuing and investing in our staff. With a team of 300 people and good staff retention, we believe we live up to this reputation. We are looking for hard working individuals who are excellent team players and who will love being part of a fun and sociable company.
To discuss the role in further detail please contact Georgie Holland, HR Manager on 07849 632194