Location: Exeter or Exmouth Youth Centres (negotiated with successful candidate) with some home working
Employment Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hrs per week (30+ could be considered)
Salary: £31 - £33k FTE
Deadline for application: Sunday 18th February 2024
Interview Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024
SPACE is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor to join our team. As a trusted HR professional, this role will provide support across the employee lifecycle. You will be CIPD Level 5 qualified or working towards this with previous experience of working in a generalist HR role. The successful candidate will contribute towards a culture which supports our values and must have an approachable and supportive nature.
What is the role?
- Responsible for writing, reviewing and implementing HR policies and processes for Space in line with legislation, best practice and organisation values.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop excellent HR practice for Space
- Support line managers in implementing HR practice
- Oversee recruitment processes in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines
- Oversee the HRIS
Who we’re looking for
- CIPD L5 or equivalent
- Significant recent experience in a similar or related role
- Knowledge of or ability to learn digital HR management systems
- Interest in continually improving processes, practice, the team and self to achieve excellence
- Flexibility to work at a number of our sites along with the opportunity to work from home
- Flexibility on daily working times where there is a business need
- Passion for working in an inclusive way
Space is continually striving to be an inclusive organisation. Equality, diversity and inclusion are threads that run through all our work, and should run through all our relationships with colleagues, partners and all those we work with. We go beyond the approach described by the Equality Act 2010 and choose to take an anti-oppressive approach to our work and how we behave as an Organisation. We encourage applications for this role from all backgrounds in respect of ethnicity, age, disability, gender, sexuality, religion and socio-economic background.
What we offer
- Annual leave: 5 weeks for the first 5 years then additional days depending on length of service (pro-rata’d for part-time roles)
- Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Free on-site parking at some sites
- Combination of office and home working available
- Casual dress code
- Flexible daily schedule
- Social occasions
- Continuous Professional Development: Formal and informal training opportunities
- Enhanced sick pay
- Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat
- Value-driven culture
- Free parking
How to apply
To apply for this post please visit our website where you can read a full job description and download and complete our application form. Once complete, please return to email@example.com .
If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lisa Rutter on 07590 639440 or for more information please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org.
Deadline for applications: 18th February 2024. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th February.
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of satisfactory references cover for 3 years to current
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
£31,000 - £33,000 FTE