From the steel in our first reinforced bridge in 1903, to railway sensors, we work with government authorities, asset owners, construction companies, and design offices to support their infrastructure projects.
Our systems are found in iconic projects such as The Golden Gate Bridge, Panama Canal, Kap Shui Mun Bridge, and Freedom Tower.
We are looking to hire a Human Resources Generalist, this role will be based in our Southam office with ability to work from home on a hybrid basis. The successful candidate will be required to travel from time to time.
- To provide HR and administrative support for all recruitment and induction processes, in order to ensure vacancies are suitably filled and new employees introduced to the business in a timely and efficient manner. Including developing job descriptions with hiring managers, preparing job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, selecting candidates and preparation of contracts.
- Manage and report on HR metrics
- Manage all frontline HR queries
- Ensure that managers and employees are educated in the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively
- Management of the administration of payroll and benefits on a monthly basis
- Management of the HRIS (BambooHR) including Personnel files
- To ensure accurate employee records are developed and maintained in order to meet both statutory and Company needs and to be able to provide data on request to support business decision-making.
- Management of Leaver Processes
- To manage employee probationary periods with the line manager and individual.
- To facilitate and drive completion of the annual performance review process, ensuring all meetings take place, are documented, and objectives / development needs are captured.
- To create and maintain effective absence management and learning and development systems.
- Creation of the monthly HR newsletter to all employees
- Management of external training providers and courses for employees
- To track and reports on training and recruitment activity ensuring spend is accurately captured
- To provide guidance to line managers on matters relating to disciplinary, performance, sickness absence, ensuring understanding of HR policy, and the correct process is followed.
- To contribute to the provision of advice and support for organisational change, including liaison and negotiation with employees.
- Maintain and develop strong employee and manager relationships
- Development and Delivery of in-house trainings such as unconscious bias and effective interviewing
- Previous experience in HR within a busy small department
- Understanding of recruitment and induction processes
- Strong excel ability and understanding
- Previous experience with using HRIS
- Experience of handling confidential information
- Excellent communication skills: influential; persuasive; impactful presentation skills.
- Achieved or working towards CIPD membership level 5.
- Communicating: Articulate, excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to establish and maintain co-operative working relationships at all levels: senior management, line managers, and staff.
- Organisation skills: Can manage own time and prioritise workload.
- Strong secretarial skills – ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage all aspects of HR including recruitment; employee relations; reward and development.
- Decision making skills: able to make and execute informed decisions and balance competing demands.
Join our 1,500+ specialists working across 10+ sectors in more than 50 countries.
The next stages of our recruitment process could include telephone, face-to-face, or virtual interview with the Hiring Manager and a member of our HR team
What else do I need to know?
Safer, stronger, smarter. These values guide everything we do at DYWIDAG. We’ve been supporting infrastructure since 1865, and safety always comes first. Our strength is rooted in our engineering legacy, and smart, digital technologies are our future. We’re looking for passionate teammates with the mindset to succeed in the world of construction whatever role they fill, who can embody these values.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
DYWIDAG has a responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, any offer of employment is subject to DYWIDAG verifying Right to Work before the successful candidate starts work.
If this opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply today.