HR Lead, Humdinger, Heckington Sleaford
Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 16:30 per day
At Humdinger Foods we take nuts, seeds, fruit and pulses and turn them into delicious snacks for both own label and branded ranges. We're seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic HR Lead to join the business based at our manufacturing site in Heckington, Sleaford (NG34 9JH).
Are you currently a HR Advisor looking for your next career move?
As HR Lead at Humdinger, you will own all HR activity, working closely with the management team to ensure site objectives are achieved, championing the value HR brings to the business. You will be involved with all aspects of HR, from employee relations to engagement, as well as coaching and mentoring other HR personnel at Humdinger to ensure best practice and legal compliance is maintained across the business. This role would suit a confident and passionate HR professional eager to take their first step into a Lead role.
- To work with the HR Advisor/HR Assistant to be a point of contact for all employees on site to answer queries in relation to their employment in a competent, respectful and confidential manner.
- To advise and support managers with grievances, disciplinary actions, absence management and performance management cases on site.
- To write or review all relevant notes and letters as required and sending them out in a timely manner.
- To support managers in ensuring that comprehensive return to work interviews with all staff take place.
- To coach managers, and more junior HR staff, with HR procedures and challenge any non-compliance.
- To ensure that all self-certification forms and doctor’s notes, where required, are provided by employees who are absent due to sickness.
- To actively monitor, and together with the relevant manager, manage all absence cases making referrals to occupational health as required - instigating formal proceedings where necessary.
- To lead on any site reorganizations or department restructures as required.
- To build and maintain strong productive relationships with site managers and attend appropriate meetings as required.
- To ensure accuracy and completion of any employee communications on notice boards, TV screens or email as required.
- To source any new employment legislation, identify potential risks, and apply it on site, if required.
- Ensure all leavers, starters, changes of employment details are processed correctly on site.
- Ensure the weekly and monthly KPI logs are kept up to date
- To assist with the design and delivery of development for the sites, such as performance reviews and management, discipline and grievance management as required.
- Work with site management alongside the L&D team to identify development needs and support the sourcing/delivery of training as required to ensure we have a skilled workforce.
- Drive the PDR process on site to achieve maximum completion.
- To work with management on the succession planning.
- Maintain both manual and computerized records for all employees – starters, leavers, transfers, time and attendance etc.
- Ensuring all site engagement and communications activity is delivered including companywide notices, briefings, employee representative meetings, employee surveys & follow up actions.
- Delivering on Recruitment, Induction & On-boarding, employee terms and conditions of employment, benefits and related processes.
- Providing full support to the site management team across all company HR policies & processes that deliver the entire ‘employee lifecycle’.
- To ensure we are prepared for any audits, with particular regards to ethical trading.
- This list is not exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to carry out any reasonable request that is within the scope of the role and more specific annual objectives may be set by the Line Manager.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Qualified to CIPD Level 3 or 5 or have equivalent demonstrable experience in a generalist HR role leading investigations.
- Able to support change, influence and build relationships at all levels.
- Experience in similar role within fast paced FMCG.
- Ability to work flexibly to support business needs as required.
- Strong working knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of problem solving.
- Good level of numerical and analytical skill.
- Competent using computer-based packages, excel, word a MS Outlook and HRIS.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skill with the ability to prioritize/multitask.
- Able to work on own initiative with little central support.
- Proactive approach to work and generating ideas - challenges the status quo suggest new ideas/processes of working.
- Company Pension scheme and life assurance scheme at x4 basic
- Company paid Health Care Cash Plan via Paycare plus access to Paycare Perks for high street and retailer discounts
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – purchase an additional 5 days leave per year
- Charity fundraising and team events
- One additional day paid leave for charity/community work
- Discounts via our staff shops
- Employee values wards
- Referral bonus vouchers
- Training and development opportunities
- Bespoke training for new factory workers
- Free parking at all manufacturing sites/ offices
- Ongoing commitment to our ESG strategy – protecting out people, communities and our planet
- Access to Grocery Aid charity support
£32,000 - £35,000