Job Type: Full time, permanent
Melia Hotels International are recruiting for a HR Advisor to join our UK Shared Service centre, providing expert advice and guidance to management and employees on the application of human resources policies and employee relations cases.
Melia have several hotels located across the UK, so whilst this position is based from our London (Regents Park) office, some national travel should be expected for this position. Travel expenses will be covered by the Company.
Job Summary: The HR Advisor will support the local HR Manager's by providing a credible and professional HR service to all our managers and employees across 6 hotels in the UK Operations Centre. This is a wide and varied role where you will have exposure to the breadth of the employee lifecycle, providing expert advice on the application of human resources policies and employee relations cases. This includes sickness and absence management, conduct and capability, dispute resolution and whistleblowing, updating relevant policies and processes, and supporting projects focused on improving employee engagement, well-being, talent development and diversity and inclusion.
The HR Advisor will act as a trusted expert to our managers and employees, maintaining a high degree of confidence by pro-actively adding value, through accuracy, and detail-orientation. The successful candidate will have sound knowledge of legislation, HR trends, and be able to provide solution-focused HR advice. You will be a people-person, capable of influence and negotiation through building and maintaining genuine and positive working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Be the first point of contact relating to routine people management queries and the application of human resources policies and procedures to employees and managers, including absence management, conduct and capability, grievance, and organisational change.
- Support with on-boarding orientation days, values, and culture training.
- To run weekly and monthly reports and analyse data relating to training, absence management, employee turnover, and visa status.
- To ensure compliance with the asylum and immigration act by conducting robust right to work checks and advising managers on appropriate documentation and thorough checking.
- To assist all employees with administration related Human Resources requests, i.e. issuing reference and bank letters, complete official forms and documentation on request, supporting with payroll and pensions queries etc.
- To provide general information and assistance on employee benefits, enrolment procedures and documentation, claims processing, and provider listings; to refer complex issues requiring interpretation to the HR Director as appropriate.
- To assist with administration of Exit documentation and interviews of all leavers and prepare reports on this matter if requested.
Join our Company! Your Benefits include:
- A competitive salary and incentives
- Excellent discounts through our global My Melia Reward programme for you, your family and friends
- A health cash plan to claim money back and access lots of ways to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Perkbox, with access to 1000s of deals and discounts
- Lots of opportunities to develop and progress as part of our global family Melia Hotels International
- Training and learning academy through eMelia, with the opportunity to learn up to 12 different languages to support your growth!
- An array of diversity, inclusion, and social events and activities creating opportunities to celebrate
- Complimentary meals on duty
Because belonging to the great Meliá family is being VIP
You will enjoy My MeliáRewards which is the exclusive loyalty programme for our employees with exclusive benefits and advantages.
In addition, enjoy the My MeliáBenefits programme: with flexible remuneration, exclusive discounts on a variety of products and services, active and healthy lifestyles, and charitable initiatives. Be as proud to belong to Meliá as we are of you.
At Meliá we are all VIP
Great professionals who make everyday life easier and exceptional. From the junior to the most senior, all of them have unique and important qualities that make working at Meliá an opportunity for constant growth and a passport to create your future wherever you want.
Our warmth, proximity and passion for what we do make working at Meliá an unforgettable experience, full of emotional moments and always with the feeling that you belong to a big family where we have people like you, VIP People.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
Up to £36,500 (gross) per annum