About the job
At Dignity, we strive to be the most trusted, respected, and valued end-of-life provider in the U.K., and the most inspirational and rewarding employer for those who serve this goal.
We’re a passionate team, all here to deliver excellent service and care to our clients. For many, this is not just a job - we see our roles as a privilege and are honoured to work for Dignity and to be part of the wider funeral sector.
Does this sound like something you’d want to be part of? - then read on.
We know that we wouldn’t be able to deliver expert service to our clients at a time they need it most without our wonderful colleagues across the Group; they’re the drive behind the Groups success.
Our People Team are on a journey to transform the way we support Dignity and our people. As part of this transformation, we are looking for an Employee Relations Advisor to support our People team to deliver the Group People Strategy in line with Dignity’s vision and values.
This role is hybrid flexible working and will require you to be based at our Head Office within Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham at least 3 days per week, with more days the begin with training given for the role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensures the delivery of effective People processes, policies, and procedures.
- Acts as the first point of contact for supporting and advising line managers when dealing with employee relations issues. Advising on process, legislation, and potential areas of risk.
- Supports the hiring process as and when required, including participating in interviews.
- Provides support for performance and probation review processes, ensuring appropriate follow-up actions are taken to address poor performers and deliver colleague development plans.
- Supports the provision of people data, MI and use analytics & trends to support the business with decision-making and people initiatives.
- Assist managers with employee consultations, redeployment, termination, TUPE and redundancy exercises.
- Support the delivery of people management training. Working closely with the wider team to implement new training interventions and refine existing training based on participant feedback.
- CIPD or an equivalent level of subject matter expertise gained through experience.
- Demonstrates comprehensive generalist HR knowledge.
- Can produce written material to a high standard e.g. reports, contracts of employment, policies and procedures.
- Highly organised and logical approach to managing priorities. Able to deal with a heavy workload with conflicting priorities whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and functional experience with working with HRIS.
- Collaborating with a large range of stakeholders to provide input into strategic needs and priorities.
- Engaging and developing with your team & working collaboratively as part of the wider People team.
- Analysing HR metrics and comparing results to key performance indicators
- Influencing and negotiating to achieve positive outcomes and manage stakeholders successfully.
What we offer:
- Annual salary of £35,000 - £40,000.
- Accruing 22-25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
- 3 Months Full Sick Pay.
- Life Assurance X2 Salary.
- Pension Scheme.
- Other discretionary company discounts.
- Access to our full range of employee development schemes.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in learning more about Dignity Plc, please feel free to visit our website www.dignityfunerals.co.uk. Alternatively, to be considered for this role, please submit an up to date CV.