Our People Advisory team is at the centre of enhancing, developing, and empowering our Leadership Teams. You will be joining at a pivotal point in our Employee Relations journey to enhance Leadership Capability in relation to people management.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable People Advisor to join our cardfactory family.
We're looking for an individual with a commercial mindset and extensive employment law experience to coach and advise leaders whilst ensuring we always do the right thing.
Whilst we operate Smart Working Principles, the role will require frequent travel into our Support Centre based in Wakefield (free on-site parking) to ensure we can collaborate and celebrate together.
Whilst the role is full time, we will consider applications from candidates wishing to work part-time, on the basis a job share arrangement would be required.
We are proud to be a truly inclusive and family friendly employer, with enhanced family friendly policies that enables our colleagues to celebrate all of life's moments.
- To provide policy and employee relations advice to managers and employees
- To provide specialist advice and case management e.g. disciplinary, grievance and absence and to lead and support on complex ER cases
- To be the Employment Law expert, providing recommendations on best practice and law changes.
- To lead/support a range of HR/ER projects
- To work with all advisors in the day-to-day maintenance and enhancement of the HR Systems.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times and ensure that all procedures relating to data protection and retention are followed.
- Support the process of consultations, changes in terms and conditions, redundancy and TUPE.
- Developing and reviewing HR policies.
- Conducting ER upskill sessions for cardfactory leadership.
- Keeping HR systems up to date (including e-filing documents).
The Ideal Candidate
- Case Management
- Coaching Leaders and enabling decision making
- Enabling early resolution
- Process improvement
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong relationship skills
- Reliable and honest communication
- ACAS/ET Management
- Policy/process review/drafting
- Facilitation of employee relations upskill sessions
About the Company
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greeting cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a true Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our colleagues across the business creating multiple opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial well-being.
- 15% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership, mobile phone contracts, and car leasing
- Discounts across 100’s of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave
Salary starting from £36.5k per annum + benefits package