Working Pattern: Full-time Monday to Friday 35 hours per week (flexible working patterns considered)
Contract Types: Fixed term for 18 months
Location: Head office, Lancaster
Are you passionate about People and Culture (human resources), eager to learn, and ready to kick-start your career through an exciting apprenticeship? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! As the People and Culture Assistant at Ascentis, you'll play an important role in supporting the day-to-day operations of our People and Culture department. Don’t worry, we will support your development in the role through apprenticeship training and mentorship within the People and Culture team. Is there a certain topic that you are passionate about? If so, let us know; we will gladly support your continued learning.
The Job Description
Reporting to the People and Culture Manager, this is your chance to get involved in exciting tasks that align with your career aspirations, ensuring that you are organised with attention to detail and adhere to our People and Culture policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities will include delivering an efficient and effective service, drafting letters, updating payroll changes and system administration. You will collaborate with the People and Culture Team, promoting employee wellbeing and administering performance management reviews. We will support your growth through a Level 3 HR Apprenticeship which is recognised by the CIPD, allowing you to apply for Associate membership upon completion of the qualification.
To be successful in this role you will need to communicate clearly, execute administrative tasks, actively support recruitment processes, and efficiently coordinate training and development administration. This role provides a unique opportunity to kick-start your career, shaping the future of The Ascentis Group in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Apply today to be part of our dynamic, forward-thinking and fun team, and embark on a journey that blends hands-on learning with impactful contributions to our positive workplace culture.
For a full job description, please click here
In this role, you’ll be based in our state-of-the-art office on Lancaster Business Park. We have some amazing facilities which have been designed around bringing all of our team together. This includes loads of fun, creative spaces for collaboration including a Harry Potter-themed room, Alice in Wonderland-inspired room, Xbox, pool table, and outdoor seating. What’s more, we offer an excellent range of benefits (detailed below) and offer flexible working patterns. We are passionate about delivering a consistently positive day-to-day experience and environment for our employees.
Ascentis is a charity and leading awarding body, working across the UK and internationally to provide life-changing opportunities through our range of qualifications. We work closely with colleges, schools, independent training organisations and universities to design cutting-edge qualifications to enable people to progress to further study, higher education, and employment.
Working here you have the ‘feel good factor’, knowing that what you do makes a difference, but this is blended with our commercially minded approach which ensures we succeed and grow.
As an employer, we invest in developing our people and are extremely proud of the internal progression of many of our talented people.
To find out what our employees have to say about working at Ascentis watch the video found here.
So, what are you waiting for?
If you like the sound of the role and the organisation, and you think the above attributes describe you well, then we would love to hear from you.
- To discuss this post further please contact Stacey Boardman, People and Culture Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits at Ascentis
- Up to 43 days of annual leave. 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays, birthday day off, closure days gifted during the Christmas period, increased annual leave with long service and an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Competitive pension benefits, including a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Access to Informal Flexibility, allowing you to flex your working times and location where viable.
- Incremental service benefits as a family-friendly employer, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental and Adoption Leave and Pay, Sick Pay, Life Insurance, and Compassionate Leave with Pay
- Reward and recognition scheme, regular team building and communication activities.
- Access to state-of-the-art office and break facilities, including pool table, Xbox, outdoor seating, indoor herb garden, dressing room, harry potter reading room, employee library and more.
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- 24-hour Employee Helpline and a proactive focus on wellbeing
We'll support your development in the role through the apprenticeship training and through mentorship within the People and Culture team.