The University of Central Lancashire has been transforming lives since 1828, and not only for students but our colleagues too, as confirmed by 84% who recently said in our staff survey that they are ‘proud to work for UCLan’. We strive to provide a positive working environment, offering opportunities for colleagues to thrive while we deliver a fantastic student experience, research and innovation, business engagement and enterprise.
About the role:
The People and Organisational Development Manager leads the people development function and colleague wellbeing services, as part of the People Team supporting the whole University.
You will work with senior leaders and managers to facilitate and influence the delivery of the people agenda, supporting great leadership practices to flourish and manage effective employee engagement strategies.
Working with organisation development principles, you will support workforce planning and talent management initiatives to enable the achievement of our university’s strategic objectives. The role reports to the Chief People Officer who reports directly to the Vice Chancellor.
You will have:
- previous experience of providing high-quality development-related strategies across large complex organisations
- a proven track record of delivery in a people development role at a professional level
- a good grounding in human resources practices and policy to deploy as part of the People Leadership Team.
- experience of building and maintaining effective relationships and service delivery partnerships across the wider University will be key to success, therefore the ability to adopt a pro-active consultancy style is essential.
You will be:
- a credible and confident communicator, with the ability to articulate and persuade clients at all levels within the University on a range of people matters.
- able to use data effectively and convey complex information in an accessible way to varied audiences.
- confident in using new technology to deliver cost effective solutions to support learning, development and wellbeing across the organisation.
- educated to degree level equivalent
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Excellent employee health and wellbeing services
- Generous annual leave, including paid leave during Christmas closure.
- Our university is positive about flexible and hybrid working.
- Professional development - with training and development encouraged to help you achieve your full potential.
- A community where there’s a real sense of belonging here at UCLan. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences too.
- We offer a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts through our Vivup discount scheme.
Interview date – either Monday 25 or Tuesday 26 March 2024.
To read more about the benefits of working at UCLan, please click here
£57,696 to £66,857 per annum