People Relationship Manager - Corporate Services (People)
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Location: Kings Hill, Kent / Hybrid
Are you a passionate, dynamic HR professional looking for your next challenge? Do you thrive in an environment where you are able to think innovatively whilst contributing to a genuine culture of growth and continuous improvement?
Commercial Services Group (CSG) are looking for a People Relationship Manager to support the Chief People Officer and Divisional CEO with the development and implementation of our People strategy. As a member of the Divisional Senior Leadership Team (SLT), this role will be focused on delivering and embedding exceptional leadership underpinned by a thriving culture, excellent talent management and career enhancing learning and development.
Operating as a trusted advisor, critical friend and coordinator, the People Relationship Manager (PRM) will support the CPO and Divisional CEO with regular operating feedback, working across the portfolio businesses to understand areas of improvement and concern, as well as best practice and opportunities for both operational and commercial growth.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Generous discount scheme, including gym and retail.
- Life assurance cover
- Health cash plan initiative
- Flexible first, hybrid working model
- A culture of progression and development
- Plus many more perks
Key role duties:
- Support the CPO with the development and implementation of CSG’s innovative people strategy, focused on making CSG the employer of choice as a diverse and rapidly scaling organisation.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Portfolio CEO, providing real-time feedback from the operating businesses regarding areas of operational improvement, service feedback and the changing needs of the organisation.
- Embrace and champion CSG’s HR operating model, ensuring local management understand and follow the model through their assigned HR management.
- Ensure any areas of improvement or change related to CSG’s outsourced HR services are escalated to the CPO for onward discussion with partners
- Work with the Heads of L&D and Talent to personalise delivery to the changing needs of the businesses.
- Support the development of CSG as an open and inclusive culture, where colleagues feel valued and empowered to contribute ideas freely.
- Support the CPO to achieve external validation and appropriate accreditations for CSG.
- Provide visible and dynamic leadership to ensure continued and measurable progress of staff engagement, culture and values through open communication and the effective use of L&D.
- Support the CPO with the development and implementation of CSG’s DE&I strategy, and work with the business leaders to champion this strategic focus.
- Work with the PR & Communications team to support the growth of CSG’s public persona and voice.
What we need from you:
- CIPD qualified HR professional (min level 5)
- Fantastic relationship builder, with great communication skills
- Proven experience of supporting business leaders in a matrix organisation structure.
- Adaptable, with a strong track record of managing change and supporting organisations through periods of high growth
- Comprehensive experience in supporting the development and implementation of people strategies
- Experience of working in a trusted advisor capacity to management and communicating across business functions to coordinate and influence service improvements
- Data driven, using data to drive decisions and positive outcomes
Commercial Services Group (CSG) is the largest, local authority-owned trading company (LATCO) in the UK, generating over £700m in revenue per annum and providing services to over 16,000 education and public sector customers globally.
Our Group is on a mission to be recognised as the global leader in education and public sector procurement and support services. Currently growing at a rate of 25% each year, CSG has expanded to 26 trading businesses via an innovative buy and build model delivering an important mix of organic growth, acquisitions and strategic joint venture partnerships.
Our 26 businesses provide a wide range of services to customers across education, local authorities, blue light services and the NHS. We deliver education management, IT, legal services, HR services, recruitment, waste and landscape management, energy and decarbonisation services, procurement, education supplies and project management. Our 1,800 colleagues are passionate about providing customers with an incredible service, knowing our growth is fuelled by purpose.
CSG and its businesses are wholly-owned by local authorities, meaning the profits we generate are delivered back into front line services. With over £57m delivered so far, we truly believe this is profit with a purpose. It is the exciting blend of commercial growth and social value which makes CSG unique.
£55000 - £60000 pa