A bit about the role.
As the People Operations Manager at Grind, you will play a pivotal role in elevating the employee experience as well as shaping the foundational policies, processes and systems of the People and Culture team. You will report into the Head of People and Culture and manage one direct report.
This is an opportunity for someone who can operate in both the strategic and operational. The role will involve both designing high level strategies as well as rolling up the sleeves to get the work done – a true chance to create tangible positive impact in this rapidly growing coffee company.
This role will be responsible for all parts of the employee lifecycle. You will lead the review of HR policies and processes, and design initiatives aimed at ensuring compliance, gaining efficiencies and improving the employee experience. You will also establish a people analytics function for Grind identifying key performance metrics to be monitored then building processes for data collection and regular analysis.
With a keen understanding of UK labour legislation, the People Operations Manager will provide coaching in order to uplift the overall company capability in management and ER matters.
This role requires a technical HR professional with familiarity of the fundamentals of contract and employment law.
- Partner with the Grind leadership to create and sustain a vibrant company culture.
- Support the development and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Design and implement employee feedback surveys aimed at understanding and improving the employee experience.
- Map the employee experience from entry to exit to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
People Policies and Processes
- Review and update Grind’s people policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with best practice and legally compliant, supporting Grind to be a best practice employer.
- Map and review all People processes.
- Create payroll tracking systems to centralise family, sickness and holiday leave across the Grind entities (in partnership with finance).
- Expand the functionality of Grind’s HRIS and in-built ATS to increase process efficiencies and accuracy in HR data
- Maximise the use of technology to improve the user experience for the People and Culture team and Grind employees.
People Analytics and Reporting
- Establish a people analytics function for Grind, building processes for data collection and analysis.
- Monitor and analyse HR metrics, and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Review and update the Grind handbooks and policies to ensure excellent internal resources are available.
- Act as a trusted advisor to management on employee relations matters, ensuring a person-centred approach to processes and compliance with UK labour legislation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Support with the review and development of competitive compensation, benefits and recognition programs..
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Proven experience as an HR generalist or in a Senior People Operations role.
- In-depth knowledge of UK employment law and HR best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in HR policy, process and systems initiatives in a dynamic and evolving business environment.
- Experience researching, writing, reviewing and updating policies that are compliant and ahead of the curve.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Experience rolling out new processes including communication, training and coaching for leaders and employees.
Bonus if you have…
- Experience working for a growing company where you’ve brought innovative new ideas to life.
- Experience of working within a multi-entity business conducting inter-company transfers with a variety of different contract types.
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent – we know that the pathway to HR excellence is not always a qualification so if you have equivalent education or work experience, your application is welcome.
Diversity and Inclusion.
Grind is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.
If there are any adjustments you need to help you bring your best self to an interview with us please let us know.
Benefits and perks.
- 25 days of holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Access to our company wellness scheme
- Full access to our mental health service
- Great company staff discounts for friends and family
- Career development opportunities
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 / Year