ACS International Schools is looking for a Recruitment Business Partner to join the team, based in the Head Office in Cobham. The purpose of this role is to develop and maintain the strategies to attract and retain staff of the highest standard and coordinate and improve the recruitment of staff across ACS. This role will have two direct reports and work closely with the wider HR team in providing high quality advice to the Leadership Team and local management teams on resourcing.
- Maintain an up-to-date Recruitment Strategy in line with the People Strategy and gain support and agreement from the Leadership Team so that ACS has an effective plan that supports the achievement of its strategic aims
- Develop and review resourcing policies to ensure policies meet business requirements and allow for the recruitment and retention of high quality key employees world-wide as a leading and progressive employer
- Advise the School/Business Support managers on recruitment activities, campaigns, legal requirements and best practice methods for effective recruitment
- Continually review and improve assessment and selection processes for all levels of hiring
- Lead the DEI agenda for recruitment, ensuring recruitment policies and procedures are fair and equitable
- Source suitable candidates for a variety of roles from a variety of sources
- Screen candidates and conduct telephone, Zoom and face to face interviews
- Negotiate offers
- Ensure full use of innovative, engaging social media, establish and maintain talent pools and create pipelines of engaged candidates internally and externally
- Own the candidate experience, working closely with the Marketing team in developing the brand messaging and attraction tools
- Build knowledge of the competitor market and identify strong talent in the marketplace. Track and maintain contact with these candidates directly
- Manage the recruitment for Inspiring Minds; the Teacher Residency Programme and identify the teams graduates will be placed into
- Complete the redesign of and maintain the ATS system, iTrent
- Arrange, manage and host the annual ACS Recruitment Fairs in the UK and Doha.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience of managing recruitment, gained either as in-house recruiter or in a recruiting agency
- Experience of working in recruitment ideally gained in a customer-facing, professional services or education environment
- Solid experience of the full 360 degree recruitment cycle including conducting interviews
- Computer literate with ability to use Apple and Windows devices, HR database and ATS systems
- Must have good understanding of employment law
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Effective planning, organisational and project management skills coupled with a systematic approach to work
- Able to see the ‘bigger picture’ but also be capable of high accuracy and detail in tracking, systems and planning
- Able to work autonomously when required and also collaboratively across ACS and with the wider HR team
- Must have strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to influence and manage a diverse range of stakeholders
- Able to manage and prioritise a busy workload
- Line management experience is preferable
- Proactive approach in identifying improvements and efficiencies in HR processes and with the skills to follow through on agreed changes.
This is a great opportunity for an operational recruiter to step up into a more strategic role and enhance their people management skills. This is a hybrid working role, mainly based in Cobham, with travel to the other UK campuses as well as the opportunity to travel to Doha. The role will work Monday to Friday with the occasional evening and weekend day for events.
Salary range: £45,000 - £50,000
ACS is committed to inclusion across race, gender, faith, identity and abilities. We believe that diversity helps us to fulfil our purpose, realise our vision and exemplify our values. ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.