Salary: £45,639 to £50,709 PA
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: London Bridge, UK – Hybrid
Reports To: Head of People and Culture
People and Culture Team; Senior Management Team; Internal Communications Manager; Senior AJEDI Manager; HR Information System supplier
The purpose of this role is to oversee and develop the business partnering HR operating model, within the context and needs of the P&C (People & Culture) team and the wider organisation. You will ensure that both individual directorates and the organisation as a whole are appropriately serviced, including overseeing informal and formal employee relations cases in a consistent yet tailored and proactive way. You will lead the delivery of key P&C aspects of the AJEDI (anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion) action plan, ensuring that actions and initiatives are embedded in client groups. You will support cross organisational work within the P&C team and meaningful KPI and ad-hoc reporting using HR data, analysing themes, trends and opportunities.
Key responsibilities and duties:
The responsibilities below are intended to convey a sense of what the role requires, but it is in no way exhaustive.
- Line manage and develop three direct reports, the People and Culture Managers, ensuring they are appropriately supported to carry out their roles, and contribute to the continued development of the People and Culture team.
- Manage the business partnering function within the People and Culture team, ensuring ongoing fit for purpose, and establishing effective KPIs to manage the impact.
- Oversee the delivery of P&C actions from the AJEDI (anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion) Action Plan into individual directorates, and be responsible for KPI reporting against the action plan.
- Establish, monitor and iterate a KPI reporting frame work for the People and Culture function, ensuring data is produced in a timely manner and is naturally used in decision making and work planning, using the HR Information System and other data gathering methods as required.
- Work with the Internal Communications Manager and Senior AJEDI Manager to ensure YoungMinds people voice mechanisms are robust and meaningful, and contribute to the development of HR practices, including the appropriate involvement of young people in the strategic development of HR.
- Develop, embed and oversee mechanisms and working practices within the P&C team that identifies, analyses and monitors trends and challenges. Take key information from directorates and ensure action is taken with an organisation-wide perspective.
- With the People and Culture Managers, identify and implement plans that address organisation-wide issues or initiatives within the context and boundaries of individual client groups.
- Provide project management oversight and planning for the team, ensuring projects are carried out within budget and timelines, and allocated appropriately within the People and Culture team.
- Ensure line managers and staff are supported and advised consistently, accurately and in a timely manner. Support, coach and develop YoungMinds line managers. Ensure support, advice and actions taken within individual client groups (directorates) are both consistent and tailored as appropriate, from a whole organisation perspective.
- Oversee and where appropriate manage employee relations cases, escalating to the Head of People and Culture as necessary.
- Work with the Head of People and Culture to identify and plan to address future skills gaps, in line with organisational strategy and objectives.
- Lead ongoing, flexible capacity planning within the People and Culture team, ensuring appropriate oversight of different areas of HR and appropriate mechanisms to raise and address risks.
- Develop and deliver where appropriate in-house learning programmes, to support the development of line managers, and cross- and upskilling of all staff.
- Support the delivery and embedding of the YoungMinds wellbeing strategy and culture of care, through HR policies, practices, feedback mechanisms and HR planning.
- Deputise for the Head of People and Culture as required, including in working groups, both internally and externally
- Other duties that may from time to time be necessary, compatible with the nature and grade of this post.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in Employment Legislation and HR best practice.
- Working with the Senior AJEDI Manager, Accountability Network Group and teams across the organisation, ensure that YoungMinds’ HR policy and practice supports and where appropriate drives the organisations work on anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure YoungMinds’ HR policy and practice is underpinned by safeguarding principles, and contributes to the organisation’s culture of care for staff, volunteers, contractors and young people.
- Maintain and observe an appropriate level of confidentiality at all times.
- Form effective working relationships with all staff members, volunteers, child mental health agencies and relevant external organisations, developing proactive approaches and solutions.
- Be responsible and accountable for safeguarding and follow the organisation’s policy and procedures at all times.
- Work in accordance with the organisation’s Vision, Mission and Values and all policies and procedures.
- Champion the voice of young people and the value of their lived experience to deliver change, actively seeking to increase their involvement in the organisation’s and your team’s work.
- Contribute to the culture of YoungMinds by joining in our events and activities and supporting our fundraising.
- Understand and actively seek to evolve the organisation’s and your team’s use of technology to improve our effectiveness and meet the needs of young people.
- Experience of line managing multiple people.
- Experience of managing complex, high volume employee relations cases.
- Experience of delivering AJEDI/EDI focused work to an organisation.
- Experience of coaching line managers.
Qualifications, Training, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build trusting and effective relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead a business partnering function within a charity.
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively, influence people in the organisation, be people
- centric and maintain professional boundaries.
- Ability to analyse, monitor and take action based on both qualitative and quantitative
- Understanding of safeguarding principles, and how they apply to staff, volunteers,
- young people, contractors and safer recruitment within a charity.
- Understanding of YoungMinds’ mission, vision, values and strategic plan.
- Understanding of AJEDI principles.
- Understanding of the principles of employee voice, and how it impacts HR practice in
- an organisation.
- Excellent, up-to-date knowledge of UK Employment Law and best practice.
Please apply via the button below. For a chat about the role, please reach out to Priscilla Ross in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.